Thursday, July 18, 2013

What I've been thrifting lately.


Here's what I've been finding at the thrift shops lately.

Awesome vintage tea towel. Unused as far as I can tell. It's my colours! Not sure if I want to use it make something out of it. I'm not much of a dishes dryer.



Vintage footy jumper for the little Pies supporter in the family.


Fab vintage foot stool that is going to be recovered by me in either a vintage fabric or yarn.


Another vintage tea towel. This one has been sewn into a bag to hold plastic bags. I remember that was a thing in the 80s.


Old wooden box.


Books. Childhood memories. I loved Judy Blume, and Nancy Drew.


I've been having some fossicking fun as usual. Have you found anything good lately on your thrifting adventures?


By Sharon Newth

6 comments:

  1. Another good haul, for sure!! The pattern on the first tea towel is outstanding, and believe it or not, will be a lovely new Zentangle pattern for me. So will the trim on the second towel, the one with the triangles lined up on top of the squares.

    What will you do with that fantastic old wooden box? I love it!! Probably I would leave it plain, with a coat of varnish or spray "Clear Coat," to tame any splinters.

    And I knew you had lots of poisonous spiders down there. One of them, possibly the trapdoor?...is the most deadly one in the world, right? Brrrrrrrrr...ick!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my delayed reply. Hope your zentangles are going well. Still not sure what I will do with that box, but will leave it fairly unchanged I think.

      I don't think we have trapdoors down here but they do in Sydney and also the very deadly funnel web spider. We have red backs. Not nice but not as horrible as snakes. I wasn't bitten by a scorpion in bed last year. Ouch! We sprayed after that! Hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. I love your box too! I always snap them up when i see them, so useful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sort of things do you use them for Max? I haven't worked out what to do with it.

      Delete
  3. Love a good footstool makeover, cant wait to see the 'after' pictures.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zara!
      Hopefully I'll get to the stool soon.

      Delete