Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A photo frame alternative


A got this picture at the op shop the other day when I was looking for a frame for a print I got given. I thought it was really cute but the picture is pressed metal and didn't belong in a frame.

I didn't really like the colour of the wood either, so here's what I did.


I gave it a thin layer of acrylic paint. This is a pale yellow or cream colour. Then I attached 2 rows of lace with drawing pins. I used some of my vintage scrabble tiles and glued them along the top, and then pegged my photos to the lace. I'm happy with how it turned out. I think it would look lovely with a coloured wall behind it too. It was quick and easy to do. The part that took the longest was finding and printing out the photos since I have thousands of them on the computer.


2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you've hung the photos in the frame. I've done the same in my living room, using clothes line rope and full size wooden clothes pins. At first I put photos on it, and now I've hung my own paintings on display(that took a TON of courage, lol).

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds great Joyce. I think you need a blog so I can see your stuff. Lol. I would love to be able to paint but I wouldn't know where to begin. Good on you for being brave enough to put them out too.

      Delete